Sunday 5 October 2014

Cinema Sunday!

It's Sunday, so you should either be out on the water or relaxing at home. Either way, this post will make your Sunday even better. Heres a selection of my favourite videos from across the internet for you all to enjoy. I love watching fishing videos, I could spend hours just staring at my computer and wishing I was in one of these dream locations. But lets be real, one day I might be lucky enough to sling a fly at a Golden Dorado, or perhaps even a Redfish, but for now lets just soak in the atmosphere and watch some people landing amazing fish in even better locations. Get yourself a cup of tea, or a beer, whatever you want, and just kick back for a bit.

Touching down in the UK, heres some footage of Pike fishing in flooded chalk streams. What do you think of when you here the words 'chalk stream'? Clear, clean gravel with Mayflies and pristine brownies? Think again my friends.
The River Keeper from Matt Dunkinson Photography on Vimeo.

Now some saltwater stuff from the UK. I love this video, it really highlights the quality of our saltwater fishing. It's so underrated.
AGAINST THE TIDE from Matt Dunkinson Photography on Vimeo.


I think this video has a very important message within it. I'll let the guys in the video do the talking.

Urban Lines: Fish Where You Are (Trailer) from TwoFisted Heart Productions on Vimeo.

The Golden Dorado is undoubtedly an amazing fish. And the folks at Castaway Films have definitely conveyed that in this video.
"Devil's Gold" - Fly Fishing for Golden Dorado in Bolivia from Castaway Films on Vimeo.

Finally, Niklaus Bauer shows you how to fly fish for Pike, big Pike. The Fly TV series is one of my favourites. Theres a great episode on fly fishing for big Perch. Something that I think should be more popular the in the UK. Go and check it out!


Hope you've all had a great weekend, be it on the water, tying or completely un-related to fishing! Be sure to look out for my posts in the next week or so, got some exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment