Thursday 20 November 2014

Appreciation of All Things Natural - prt 2

Another video for you this morning, this one is something special though.

You may or may not know by now, but incase you didn't, I'm writing this blog in between studying at University. I'm studying an Environmental Science degree, which is great! I love it, and it satisfies my love for the natural world on a daily basis. But recently i've been thinking (something we all do, but sometimes I do far too much) and I've been wondering whether an Environmental Science degree is right for me. I love my fishing, i'm determined to make a career out of it,  and i'm pretty obsessed with fish in general - so why aren't I doing straight biology? Then it hit me, and this video provided a concrete foundation for my link between fly fishing and earth science.. 




The bio students here do loads of conservation stuff, but when talking to them, there never seems to be a full connection between the environment and the species trying to be conserved. The video fully describes how a deeper understanding is required to tackle problems such as climate change, and how it affects our fisheries. So there we go, perhaps thats my niche into a fly fishing career? Who knows, but one thing is for sure - this is something I am truly passionate about and will do everything I can to ensure the preservation of both the natural world and our fisheries, along with passing on our fantastic sport. For my children, their children and anyone else on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment